What is Au Pair?
Au pairs are international visitors who travel to China to acquire a better understanding and appreciation of Chinese life while living with an Chinese family and caring for their young children.
Au pairs become full-fledged family members, sharing a cultural exchange experience that often leads to a lasting relationship with the host family.
Working as an Au pair in China makes you experience a new culture and language while working with children. This unique Au Pair program gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in Chinese culture, learn a new language and make International friends!
Au Pair benefits
● Full accommodation with three meals and Internet
● Travel chance with the host family (they will normally cover the travel fee such as flight and hotel)
● You can practice Chinese with other family members at home(do not speak Chinese in front of Children)
● Family will help you prepare SIM card (Top up later by yourself)
● Monthly pocket money at least 1500 RMB
● Extra allowance if you do good job and responsible for children
● Paid Chinese language classes so you could learn a new language for free
● International flights subsidy
● International insurance
● Chance to make oversea au pair friends from all over the word
Au pair schedule
Different host family has different time schedule. On general, if the host kids under 3 years old, the working time are in daytime and main tasks are taking care of them, entertain them, dancing, and taking a walk in the park etc. If the kids are above 3 years old, they will go to school in daytime. Kindergarten kids finishes school around 3-4 pm and primary school finishes school around 4-5pm. The main task are sending/picking up kids to/from school, tutoring English homework, play games, reading English books, doing sports and so on. If au pairs are good at cooking, you might be expected to prepare some western food once a week or twice a month, not everyday. All au pairs has to clean their own bedroom and do their own laundry and keep the public area tidy and clean.
In China, most school has two terms: Spring term and autumn term. Spring term is right after the Chinese new year from February to June(some times early March to early July). Autumn term starts from September 1st to January or early February two weeks before Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is on lunar calendar January 1st, which is in January or February in solar calendar. In this way, young students has two long holiday: summer holiday from July to August for 8 weeks; winter holiday from January to February lasting 4-5 weeks. Host family will have different schedule during school time and holiday time.